It is that time of year with BBQ’s and tempting soft serve treats. So how do you still enjoy some of the local flavor and NOT create havoc in your belly? This is on my list of things to try…Enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving size: 2/3 cup | Calories: 116 | Total Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat 0 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 2 mg | Sodium: 45 mg | Carbohydrates: 26 g | Dietary fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 18 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2 |
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen organic strawberries
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain, fat-free
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until blended and creamy. It will take a few minutes to get all the strawberries well blended. Recommend pre-sliced strawberries if available.
- TIP: For a vegan version, use canned coconut milk…about 1/2 cup or So Delicious brand coconut milk yogurt. Also, for a chunky ice cream add 6 -8 fresh strawberries after processing.
- NOTE: The ice cream is best if eaten right away but can be frozen in a freezer safe container for up to one week.
Thank you Pinterest and by|