Kale and Red Pepper Frittata
Ingredients – 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 slices crispy bacon, chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale, de-stemmed and rinsed
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat about a tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat. Add onion and red pepper and sauté for 3 minutes, until onion is translucent. Add kale and cook until it wilts, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs to the pan mixture, along with the bacon. Cook for about 4 minutes until the bottom and edges of the frittata start to set.
- Put frittata in the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes until the frittata is cooked all the way through. Slice and serve.