Healthy Chicken Salad
Here is a healthy recipe found on Paleoleap.com
This is a perfect recipe for those looking to steer clear of processed mayo or who have an allergy to eggs. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, parsley, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken-avocado mixture.
- Toss gently until everything is well coated.
- Serve as a salad or wrapped in lettuce leaves.