Chicken Pad Thai
- 2 to 3 pounds of skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large carrot
- 1 small bunch of green onions (for sauce and garnish)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 2 heaping tablespoons of sunflower seed butter
- 1 TBSP of Coconut Aminos
- 2 tsp. of Fish Sauce. I use Red Boat fish sauce
- 2 tsp. of powdered ginger (or about 1 TBSP freshly minced ginger)
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed and minced, or 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper.
- 1 tsp. of red pepper flakes.
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning the chicken.
- Chopped cashews for garnish (optional).
- Chopped cilantro for garnish (optional).
- Season your chicken with salt and pepper, and a little bit of the cayenne pepper and ginger powder. To your crock pot, add your coconut milk and chicken stock. Stir well.
- Add sunflower seed butter, coconut aminos, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, 2 green onions chopped including the whites, cayenne, and red pepper. Stir well until your sunflower seed butter is completely dissolved.
- Place your chicken breasts or thighs into your base liquid.
- Turn your zucchinis into veggie noodles with your spiral slicer, and shred your carrots in a food processor.
- Toss your zucchini noodles and carrots together on your counter to mix them well. Place your veggie noodles on top of your liquid and meat base in your slow cooker, and press down every so slightly. The goal is for them to be steamed, not stewed.
- Cook for 3.5 to 4 hours on low if you are using a 4-Quart Slow cooker.
- Cook for no more than 6 hours on low (5 is ideal) if you are using a 6-Quart slow cooker.
To serve, place your meat and sauce over your noodles, and garnish with green onions (scallions), chopped cilantro, and chopped cashews. Enjoy!
Original Recipe by: Paleo Pot