Avocado Vegetable Dip
It is important to be weary of store bought dressings and dips. Most of them have hidden ingredients they don’t advertise on the front label. You’ll see things like low-fat, sugar free, no trans-fats, low sodium, non-GMO, all natural, the list goes on and on. Simply put on your blinders and see through these marketing labels to the ingredients list on the back of the item. Here is a dip that everyone in the family is sure to enjoy and is pretty simple to make.
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the coconut milk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, cilantro, hot pepper sauce, and season to taste in a blender.
- Pulse everything until you get a smooth sauce.
- Adjust the seasoning, and serve with fresh vegetables.