Acorn Squash Soup
Tis’ the season for roasting root vegetables and making soup for the soul. Check out this recipe from https://paleoleap.com/curried-acorn-squash-soup/ below.
Curried Acorn Squash Soup Recipe
SERVES: 4 PREP:20 min. COOK: 1 h.
- 3 medium-sized acorn squash, halved and seeded;
- 1/2 cup chopped onion;
- 1 tbsp. curry powder;
- 3 to 4 cups chicken stock;
- 1 cup coconut milk;
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Place the halved squash on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Melt some cooking fat in a saucepan placed over a medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onions and curry powder in the melted cooking fat until the onions are tender.
- Scoop out the flesh of the squash and add to the saucepan.
- Add the stock and nutmeg. Reduce to a simmer and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or food processor, blend the mixture until you get a smooth texture. Return to the pot.
- Stir in the coconut milk, season to taste, cook on low until heated through, and serve.