4 Ways to be Healthier at Work
You can’t shut your goals off from 9-5…keep your workday healthy with these tips!
- Move Around!
- Take a walk! During your lunch break reserve 10-15 minutes to take a few laps around the building. If it’s raining- don’t sweat it (ha!) you can take that time and walk up and down a few flights of stairs!
- Get in those steps! It’s recommended that we take 10,000 steps a day. Well, that can seem intimidating if you have job that requires you to be sitting most of the time. If you can try to get up and walk around once an hour. It can be as simple as refilling your water bottle or just taking a lap around the office.
- Stay Hydrated!
- We recommend that you drink 1 gallon of water day. It keeps your body running as it’s optimal level when we do this. It doesn’t take much though to get so focused on your work that you forget to drink! Try setting an hourly reminder on your cell phone to help you drink more water!
- Say No to sugary drinks! It may seem like a good idea to reach for that energy drink or throw in a couple bucks for the 2 pm coffee run but it’s definitely not! Skip the sugar crash and just keep drinking water!! It will keep your mind focused and your energy going!
- Pack Your Lunch!
- Not only will your wallet thank you but so will your waistline. You waste so much money and calories with a take out lunch! Skip the regret and take a few extra minutes the night before to pack yourself a healthy and delicious lunch!
- Activate your Work Space!
- Have you ever thought of ditching the rolling chair and trading it in for a stability ball? It’s definitely worth a shot! Stability balls are great to use as your desk chair- they will help with proper posture and strengthening your core!
- OR…have you thought of purchasing a Standing Desk? Not only would it get you off your butt…but it will also help you from fidgeting in your seat during those long (and sometimes boring) conference calls!